SAFRAN India – French Aerospace Major
SAFRAN is an international high-technology group with four core businesses: propulsion, communications, equipment, defense & security, aerospace equipment, and communications. It has 56,000 employees in over 30 countries, and annual revenues exceed 10 billion euros.
The SAFRAN Group comprises a number of companies with prestigious brand names, and holds, alone or in partnership, global or European leadership positions in all of its markets.
About SAFRAN in India:
- SAFRAN has a 50-year-long presence in India. Its engines, avionics, and equipment are fitted on a large number of aircraft operated in India, both by the various Indian airlines and by the Defence Services.
- SAFRAN and the Indian industry have engaged themselves in the co-development and co-production of some high technology products, such as the Shakti engine with HAL for the Dhruv helicopter and the Arjun MBT sophisticated Fire Control System with BEL and DRDO.
- With its R&D subsidiary and Joint Venture with HAL both in Bangalore, SAFRAN takes an active part in the development of the Aeronautical Indian industry.
Challenges & Strategy:
Being connected with defense of the country, a lot of information to be shared with the media was sensitive in nature.
- India’s largest PSU-HAL is largely involved with SAFRAN by way of joint venture and acquisition of aircraft/fighters/choppers with SAFRAN engines needed to be extra careful in dealing with HAL.
- At the Airshows, SAFRAN was one among 250 large global companies participating in the show, attracting media to two to three press conferences in five day’s time is a major challenge but we were successful in obtaining full media attendance of 50 and odd and 100% news coverage.
- Generated extensive coverage
- Helped in the recruitment of technical resource